The Supervisor of Elections, with a staff of 3 employees, is responsible for:
- Register voters and maintain voter records.
- Process registration applications from qualified Florida residents.
- Issue voter information cards.
- Provide the public with current and historical voter registration statistics.
- Administer all federal, state, county and special district elections in Levy County.
- Qualify all local candidates.
- Receive local campaign contributions and expenditures reports.
- Accept local financial disclosure filings.
- Provide candidate information to the public.
- Process requests for and Vote by Mail ballots and related elections material to absentee voters, including military and overseas voters.
- Receive, verify and canvass Vote by Mail ballots.
- Maintain precinct and district boundaries.
- Contract with convenient and accessible polling places.
- Conduct early voting.
- Recruit and train poll workers for voting early and on election day.
- Maintain county voting equipment.
- Test voting and ballot equipment prior to each election.
- Design, print and proof ballots.
- Conduct voter registration drives and voting system demonstrations.
- Conduct educational programs within Levy County schools.
- Maintain a web site to provide candidates, voters and the public with important election information and news.
- Produce public service announcements to inform the public of any election news.
- Create and make available legislative, district, county and precinct maps.
We welcome the opportunity to speak to your group or address any concerns you may have. To schedule a speaking engagement, please contact Tammy at (352)486-5163, ext. 4.