In order to register to vote in Florida, you must:
- Be a United States Citizen;
- Be a legal resident of Florida;
- Be at least 18 years of age (you may pre-register to vote if you are 16 years old, but you cannot vote until you are 18 years old).
- Be a legal resident of the county in which you seek to register;
- Not be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state without having the right to vote restored;
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your civil rights having been restored; and
- Provide your current and valid Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number. If you do not have a Florida driver’s license number or a Florida identification card number, then you must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you do not have any of these items, you must write “none” in the box or field.
How to Apply to Register to Vote?
- Fill in the Voter Registration Application online. If you wish, you can print the application and write your information in with a black ballpoint pen.
- Print the application out.
- Verify that all of the information on your application is complete.
- Sign your application. The application requires an original signature because you are swearing or affirming to an oath.
- Place the application in an envelope with a first class stamp.
- Mail the application to your county Supervisor of Elections. You may also opt to mail or hand deliver the application to any Supervisor of Elections’ office in the state, a driver’s license office, a voter registration agency including an armed forces recruitment office, public library, or the Division of Elections.
- If your application is complete and you qualify as a voter, the Supervisor of Elections will mail you a voter information card as official notification that you are registered to vote. Make sure all of the information on your card is correct. If you do not receive your card within two (2) weeks, or if you have any questions, call your Supervisor of Elections.
Note: You must be registered for at least 29 days prior to any elections, in order to vote in said election.
You May Also Register to Vote at Any of the Following Voter Registration Agencies:
- Florida Driver’s License Office.
- County or City Public Library.
- State agency providing public assistance.
- State agency that provides services to disabled persons.
- Armed Forces Recruiting Office.